IS THERE SOMEONE THAT DESERVES RECOGNITION FOR THEIR CONTRIBUTION TO PUBLIC SERVICE? Consider nominating them for a Federal Employee of the Year award by the Central Pennsylvania Federal Executive Association (CPFEA).
PURPOSE: To recognize Federal employees and military personnel who have been exemplary citizens for their superior performance on the job, self-development, leadership and/or community service/good citizenship. They are to be recognized for their excellence in public service, governance, and positive influence. Award winners are regarded as role models and leaders
NEW THIS YEAR: CPFEA is proud to introduce the John C. Goodhart Senior Leadership Award and happy to announce a new category to accommodate team nominations. See additional details below.
DOES THE NOMINEE FIT ONE OF THE CATEGORIES BELOW? The categories are broad and capture all types of service by Federal employees.
- Non-Management – individual employees in a professional, scientific or technical series who do not direct personnel
- Management – individual employees in a professional, scientific or technical series who also direct personnel
- Support Services – individual employees in an administrative series or occupational specialty
- Team– a team effort, with unlimited members, that provide exemplary service [note: (1) representative must be named as the recipient to receive the award at the luncheon ceremony. All members will be recognized.
- Federal Executive Association (FEA) Honor Award – This special award seeks to recognize employees who have performed an act of bravery, valor or other similar act of exceptional service. It is not competitive; the Distinguished Citizens Panel of Judges may select as many candidates as they deem worthy of this recognition. (Examples might be a TSA agent who averted a tragedy or a U.S. Marshall who was injured in the line of duty. This award normally would involve the saving or risking of life).
- John C. Goodhart Senior Leadership Award – This award recognizes and honors the senior / managerial positions (Grade GS 13 and above, including SES) leadership, mentorship, and stewardship. Employees must have contributed to the good of the Federal service and/or Greater Central Pennsylvania Community, with no regard for personal recognition or reward; displaying actions and words that provide an ethical and moral standard of character worthy of emulation by all Federal employees; have demonstrated long-term vision and creative thinking; and seek to combine the collective energy of the Federal workforce and Greater Central Pennsylvania community for the betterment of all. See nomination form for additional details.
ELIGIBILITY: Nominees must be full or part-time, permanent civilian employees of the Federal Government or active duty military personnel in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Except for heads of agencies or installations, employees in all grades, salary levels, and fields of work are eligible for nomination. Employees who have won the award in the past may be nominated for their current accomplishments. Period of performance is 1 January thru 31 December 2016.
1.) DOWNLOAD AND EMAIL YOUR NOMINATION PACKAGE:
Click here to download forms
email forms to: Awards@CPFEA.US